Monday, May 15, 2006

AM Run

The great running weather continues...
I still have a nagging left ankle issue. Perhaps it is due to changing shoes. The left ankle area has been stressing since switching to Asics GT-2110. Perhaps my gait has changed slightly with these shoes and now I need to let my leg muscles and connective tissues to adapt to it. Either that or I'll go buy another pair of Kayano's and forget about it.
Anyway, not wanting to let another great running morning go to waste and not wanting to really damage my left ankle, I compromised and opted to run a short 3 miler.

5K Fun Run:

Mile 1: 8:52
Mile 2: 8:14
Mile 3: 8:16
0.1 Mile: 0:47
Total: 26:10
Pace: 8:26
Shoes: Asics GT-2110 (34.9 miles)

By mile 2, I was glad for the shorter distance. My left leg seemed to have lost the "bounce." I think I'll take a few extra days off to let it recover. I haven't thought much about 5K times since the P.R. run in April. I think I'll use the August team race against the 7 Hills Club of Huntsville as a goal to set another P.R. This time, my goal will be to break 24 minute barrier. To do that, I'll need to incorporate some speed work and really train for it. This should be fun.

Happy Running!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Holden, those are some great splits you're posting there. Either I'm not doing a good job of mentally keeping up with your pace, or you're speeding up as the year goes along.

Do you do much in the way of cross-training? Just wondered; my "unstability" thing I use where I stand on it on one leg to work on my balance does a great job at strengthening my ankles along the way.

Holden said...

Hi Barb!
I think I am getting progressively faster. I just need to keep pluging away and continue to build weekly mileage and endurance.
As for cross-training, I swim, bike and lift weights. However, now that you mention it, I don't do any "stability" training on the legs. I should look into this.

Cassie (TIGGS) said...

I finally bought some Asics!! Pics on the blog soon :)