Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Marathon Shoes

I ran today. Not during the early morning hours, as most sensible Houstonites but during late afternoon. It was about 88 degrees so not terribly brutal. Compounding this problem was the fact that I ran out of clean lighter colored technical shirt so I had run in my navy blue ones. Needless to say, I was seeking shades. Today's run was also a little sentimental. This was to be my last ride on my marathon shoes. I have used these Kayanos to run in the Houstonian Lite 30K, the Houston Marathon, Surf Side Half Marathon, Bayou City Classic 10K, Lucky Trails Marathon, Blue Bell Fun Run 10K and various Run the Woodlands 5K. With these Kayanos, I've experienced triumphant moments like finishing my first marathon and setting multiple P.R.'s to running on hard packed sand as well as trails. Perhaps I can still use them to run 3 milers with my wife.

Run Summary:

Distance: 7.55 miles
Time: 1:12:46
Pace: 9:38/mile
Shoes: 349.7 miles (Asics Gel-Kayano XI)

My overheating body required a few walking breaks. Strangely though, I was running a little faster than normal while I was running.

2 comments:

jamoosh said...

I have two pair of the same model and alternate...

Dave Smart said...

You could always have them bronzed and mounted....or maybe HRB could start a Golden Holden Shoe award :)