Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hello Every Body?!?!

What does H.E.B. stand for? Hello Every Body? Short for HEBrew? Or is that He Brew, like "he brew it..." If not a greeting or a religion or beer, then maybe Humongously Edible BBQ. Perhaps it's in honor of me in Spanish. Holden Es Bueno. Yep. I like that one.

In other irrelevant news, I've made a slight change in my running habit. Instead of trying to run 3 times a week, I've decided to run every other day. This should in theory increase the mileage slightly as it translates into about 3-1/2 runs per week. Run well my dear readers!

Best Regards,

Holden Es BuenoPosted by Picasa

4 comments:

JoeC said...

Have Excellent Blog? Hurry Eat Biscuits? Happy Easter Bunny?
Well if you really want to know, it stands for Howard Edward Butt, who started the company in the Rio Grande Valley in the 20's. You can read all about H.E.Butt in the Handbook of Texas Online http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/BB/fbu85.html.

Vic said...

I like the every other day thing. Still, when my 3rd run of the week was a super LSD, I needed two days off to recover completely.

jamoosh said...

I like how uyou used the permanent form of "is" (es) rather than the temporary form "esta." becauise we all know that Holden is ALWAYS Bueno!

Jessica, a Houston Runner said...

Herbert E Butts, the found of HEB. Don't ask why i know that, other then living in TX almost my entire life.