Friday, April 07, 2006

AM Run

I wasn't planning on running this morning. My wife had different ideas though. She woke me up at 5:45 and told me that it was too dark to go running by herself. She thought it would be great if I could run right behind her. A few minutes later, I was running! Great!

3.1 Mile Fun Run:

Mile 1: 9:26
Mile 2: 8:38
Mile 3.1: 9:31

Total: 27:35
Pace: 8:53/mile
Kayano Miles: 292

I thought I was going lights out on the first mile only to find myself on a 9:26/mile pace. Apparently, the rest of the body still wasn't decided on the run and was sitting on the fence. Second mile felt slower than the first but was actually much quicker. By the end of the run, I was fully awake and glad for this sweat inducing run. I kept my word and ran about 3 paces behind Fran. So technically, these are Fran's paces.

Tonight: Weight work out at the Y.
Tomorrow: Run the Woodlands 5K (Fran will not be joining, our kid's car pool schedule broke down and she will have to ferry the kids in the morning.)Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dirt Runner said...

You still want that 24:59? My legs are fresh, I haven't run since Monday night.

Holden said...

Yes, I'd like to shoot for 24:59 tomorrow.