Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bayou City Classic 10K

My first 10K race.

Mile 1: 8:37
Mile 2: 8:47
Mile 3: 9:14
Mile 4: 9:32
Mile 5: 9:57
Mile 6: 10:06
0.2 Miles: 1:40

Total: 57:57
Pace: 9:20/mile

Kayano Miles: 218.8

Classic novice mistake today. Positive split all the way. Stamina was a problem. So was a little heat and humidity. I should have been able to maintain pace but couldn't. I would have liked to maintain a 9 minute pace. Too fast in the beginning and too slow towards the end. I get to try it again in 2 weeks when I run the Blue Bell 10K.

It was great meeting a bunch of HRB'ers. Congrats to Jessica and Jen for winning cool prizes from the organizers.

7 comments:

Dirt Runner said...

Nice race considering you are coming off of being sick

Jessica, a Houston Runner said...

Good efforts! and the hair is getting long! you must be going for Sam's rock star look! :)
i dig it!

atownrunner said...

It was fun, despite the tough conditions. You weren't the only one with positive splits all the way through. Don't sweat it.

Lisaleese said...

I agree with Edwin. Don't feel bad at all about positive splits. Of course, I say this because that's what I did :P All of the times were slower than they could have been - including the super fast people!

Holden said...

I'll let my hair grow way out if I can get as fast as Sam!! :)

Sarah said...

If only long hair were all I needed to get fast... :)

jen said...

I'm no stranger to positive splits, myself. ;) It was great seeing you on Saturday!