Saturday, January 28, 2006

Run The Woodlands 5K #146 - Sponsored by Luke's Locker of The Woodlands

(Click here for Photo Gallery)
The rains held off for the one hundred and forty sixth running of the RTW race. I believe it was also the biggest run ever with more than 100 runners. The event included TNT'ers group from all over Houston and also The Woodlands Fit group. HRB runners were also present.

I missed my P.R. by 2 seconds, recording 25:21 gun time and 25:22 stopwatch time. With all the excitement at the start, it was really really hard keeping my pace. It didn't work as I ran a sub 8 minute per mile pace. After all the long distance running I've done lately, the old body did not want to sustain a fast pace. I ended up positive splitting every mile. Even so, this was the second fastest 5K I've run. The elusive sub 25 minute finish will have to wait for another day.

On a really positive note, I won a box of Clif Bar from the Luke's Locker drawing. Peanut butter crunch flavor, my favorite. Yum!

Running Stats:

Mile 1: 7:45
Mile 2: 8:13
Mile 3: 8:37
0.1 Mile: 0:45

Total: 25:22

Kayano Miles: 130.2

3 comments:

atownrunner said...

good run Holden! You'll get that sub-25 soon. If those were the brownie Clif Bars I'd really be jealous.

Dave Smart said...

Great run, and terrific photo gallery. Thanks for setting the pace for us at RTW- you helped motivate me to a PR!

Sarah said...

Nice run and almost PR! I love the photos as well. Man, our banner rocks, even sitting on Jon's truck. :)