Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Asics GT-2110

I went to Bikeland to buy 4 packs of CarBoom! I plan to carry 2 packs for the marathon with 2 halves of bread slathered in natural peanut butter wrapped in saran wrap and 2 halves of fruity energy bar wrapped in saran wrap. I'll be carrying these in my short pockets. I hope to eat one every hour including one right before the start. These 6 snacks should last me for a planned 5 hour run. I'm not carrying any water or Gatorade as these will be available at the race.

I don't need a new pair of shoes but how can one resist when one is presented with a 15% discount and free shipping by email? So I bought a pair of Asics GT-2110, size 11 2E from Kelly's Running Warehouse. I've been going back and forth between buying my running stuff at Luke's Locker and this internet store.

Since I'm such an Asics fanatic, I guess I should have known this before. ASICS stands for: Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body). I'm just hoping for the sound body in me to carry me across the finish line this Sunday.

No comments: