Monday, January 09, 2006

Afternoon run

Nervous energy perhaps. Last Saturday's run was supposed to be my last one before the Marathon. Maybe it was excess caffeine from the coffee I drank at lunch. Late in the afternoon, I was compelled to go for a quick run. I squeezed in a 5K just before it went all dark.

Run Synopsis:

Mile 1: 9.08
Mile 2: 9:07
Mile 3: 9:01
0.1 Mile: 0:47

Total: 28:04

Kayano Miles: 88.5

This was way too fast for my marathon pace. I tried my best to slow down but was not successful. It was nervous energy from the start to the end. Now I can't wait for the real deal, whatever fortune or misfortune it might bring.

2 comments:

Dave Smart said...

Lance Collins recommended a quicker paced, shorter run as a final run before the Marathon - 30-45 seconds faster than GMP. Might help to put a spring in the step and as confidence booster- I'll bet it will help you on race day.

jen said...

I need to get a last, fast run in too. :) I've been feeling lots of nervous energy too.....but I can't wait!! Only 5 more days!!!