Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sore throat

I felt recovered enough on Wednesday that I went to the gym early for a 30 minute swim. I was able to cover 1 K in 31 minutes. So it was nice and leisurely. Silly me. In the evening, I went back to the gym and worked on my weight training and stretching. I was planning for an hour and since I finished my routine in 50 minutes, I tried the stairmaster for 10 minutes. On Cassie's recommendation, I'm trying my darnest to try every glute exercise I can get my buns on.

As it turns out, that over indulgence yesterday might have been in poor judgment. I got up this morning to a sore throat. As I'm typing this, the whole body seems to be aching. Hmmm. Cold? A flu? Either way, if these symptoms don't improve by tomorrow morning, I will have to kiss the 21 mile long run this Saturday good bye. Oh well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holden,

Do consider the Strider LLR on December 24th.

Steeeve

Holden said...

Hi Steve,

If I am in town, I will be there to run with the Striders.

jen said...

Hope you're feeling better!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Holden! I am a strider and have been down with the same cold for 4 weeks! If you have this nasty cold, it will drag you down. I hope you don't...