Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Final Vacation Post

Since Tuesday is my running day, I felt guilty about not running. Since I swam in the morning, I really did not have any runs planned today. Besides, I felt that I should rest the legs anyway, hoping it is best for the ITB to take it easy.

The weather was sooo nice, by 5 PM, I finally succumbed to the temptation and went for a run. It was sunny and probably in the mid to high 60's. A lady walking her dog asked,
"Isn't it cold just wearing a shirt and shorts?"
"Not if I keep running!"

Run Synopsis:

Mile 1: 8:17
Mile 2: 8:09
Mile 3: 7:55
0.1 Mile: 0:36

Total: 25:00

Kayano Miles: 27.6

I'm not sure why I ran so fast, but I was surprised to see my first split. I told myself to slow day a bit and I thought I did until I saw the second split. Strange as it may sound, I was mostly marveling at the near perfect weather conditions, a gentle breeze, a bright but setting sun, a crisp blue sky etc. By the 3rd split, I new I could bag an unofficial PR so I leaned as forward as possible and just let it rip as fast as my legs would take me.

25 minutes translates into a PR by 19 seconds. If I said last year that I will eventually run 5K in 25 minutes, I would have laughed myself silly. This is so cool.

1 comment:

lisaleese said...

Non runners think we're all insane wearing t-shirt/shorts/gloves.

We are insane.

Good run, big guy!

Yours in Kayanos...