Sunday, November 20, 2005

Did the alarm clock go off?

I laid out all my running gear to run Knight Flight for Humanity race that Lance Collins posted on our Houston Running Bloggers Board. But it was not to be. I set the alarm for 5:30. I got up at 6:50. A slight disconnect. The drive would have taken about an hour. Bummer. Undaunted, I still put my gear on and went outside to run my 5K course twice.

Temp: 49 F

Mile 1: 9:52
Mile 2: 9:24
Mile 3: 9:29
Mile 4: 10:29 ITB pain - pulled over to stretch
Mile 5: 10:06 ITB pain - pulled over to stretch
Mile 6: 10:10*
0.2 Miles: 0:54*

Total elapsed time: 1:00:27

Total Kayano XI miles: 9.3

* I don't think I hit the split at the correct location. I doubt I could have ran the last 0.2 miles in 54 seconds. Although I did pick up the pace during the last mile.

The weather was cold enough that I barely sweated. I did not feel fatigued or tired, just refreshed. Too bad the right knee keeps bothering me.

Despite the long sleeved shirt, I never felt warm enough during the run. The hands felt cold all the way. I think I need to get some gloves to keep them warm.

One upside to being cold, the long hot shower afterwards felt divine.

4 comments:

jen said...

In cold weather, gloves are probably one of my favorite pieces of running gear.

Yay for cold weather!

:)

jen said...

ps: My recurring nightmare is that on January 15, I'll sleep through my alarm clock and miss the start of the Marathon. heh.

Sarah said...

Oh no, you've caught my sleeping-through-the-alarm-clock disease!! :)

Jessica, a Houston Runner said...

yeah i overslept too and just didn't feel right to make it to the 10k.
-Jessica